The air chokes are for physical reasons, unbeatable in terms of accuracy in the reproduction of pulses, and are free from distortion (unlike ferrite coils).
It is for this reason that for purists Mundorf produces coils with a wire diameter of up to 3 mm Strong>!
It is therefore possible to achieve better inductances while maintaining a low internal impedance and zero distortion./ P>
When an electric current passes through a coil it causes the different windings to vibrate.
The microphonic effect (conversion of a mechanical movement into electrical oscillations) adds these oscillations to the original musical signal.
The varnished coils are made from a special wire.
An additional layer of varnish, present on the outside of the wire, is melted rapidly by passing a large electrical pulse.
After this process, the windings are glued together and can therefore no longer emit vibrations.
Here are the types of air coils available: Span>
- L71 0.71mm² section air core
- L100 Self1.00mm² air section
- L140 1.40mm² air section air cleaner
- L250 2.50mm² section air duct
- L300 Section Air 3.00mm² Self
Also available in varnished versions: Span>
- BL100 Varnished air duct of 1.00mm² of section
- BL140 Varnished air duct with section 1.40mm²