The Audiophonics PSU S3-HP power supply module has been designed to provide clean power to an amplifier or other continuous audio circuit. This version is equipped with a 6.5mm pre-drilled aluminum plate to increase dissipation and therefore power supply capacities. The holes allow you to integrate this module easily into the housing of your choice. It is equipped with a potentiometer and a jumper to adjust the voltage from 5 to 24V from an AC voltage source whose value is between 7.5 and 36V AC respectively.
Its particularly rigorous design, and the quality of its components, make it an excellent choice to power a digital amplifier or any other low voltage High-Fidelity element such as some DAC converters, Headphone Amplifiers, etc...
All these devices contribute to improving sound quality. The Audiophonics PSU S3 uses 2 diodes (1n5408) and 4 fast switching 2scz2545 diodes for this purpose.
On the filter side, 10 Rubycon 1800uF/35V capacitors with an ESR of 0.0019 Ohm and a current capacity of 3.1A per capacitor. Once the voltage has stabilized, it is then regulated by means of an LM338T TI.
- 2 diodes 1N5408 and 42SCZ2545.
- 10 Rubycon 1800uF/35V capacitors.
- TI Voltage Regulator LM338T
- 6 MKT capacitors for diodes.
- 2 Wima MKP capacitors for DC output smoothing.
- Integrated discharge resistor
- Output voltage adjustable by means of a blue potentiometer + jumper : (The transformer voltage must match)
- Jumper On : Adjustable from 5 to 16V
- Jumper Off : Ajustable from 12.5 to 24V
- Optional DC input (next to the GND): Maintains its rectified and regulated voltage capacity on 35V DC as input.
- Output Voltage: Variable from 5 to 24V
- Max. output current: up to 7.5A depending on the heatsink
- Maximum connectable music power: Approx. 60W
- Dimensions: 130 x 60 x 60 x 37mm.
- Centre distances: 50mm / 120mm
- Radiator hole spacing: 50mm
- Weight: 204g
- Transformer voltage: 7.5 to 36V AC (16/18V AC for a 12V DC output, the transformer must be able to deliver at least 1.5x the output voltage to create a delta of 5 to 8V DC higher at the input).