The AURALiC MERAK mono amplifier delivers over 200W on an 8Ohm channel and 400w on 4Ohm.
The line input of this class D amplifier features Orfeo technology with pure class A modules inspired by the professional technologies of legendary Neve mixers.
Class A input modules and insulation transformer.
In addition, the Orfeo Class A modules are fitted with an insulated transformer (Lundhal 1588) at the input to lower and reject any external noises.
The AURALiC Merak mono unit delivers great power, enhanced dynamics and refined sound in a compact case: 33x33x7cm.
The Auralic Merak is an amplifier that delivers high power with 56,000uF of filtering, an energy capacity of 120 Joules and 16 Amps of current holding the most difficult impedance loudspeakers in a condensed format.
Plitron power supply toric transformer:
Thanks to its topology, its large Plitron toroidal transformer with triple magnetic antistatic shielding, the AURALiC Merak amplifier is the ideal companion of the AURALiC Taurus PRE preamplifier in symmetrical mode.
Of course it takes two AURAliC Merak to make the stereo.
Electrical Specifications :
- Output power: 200W / 400W (8ohm / 4Ohm).
- Maximum Output Current: 16 Amp (40ms).
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20khz +/- 0.5dB.
- Harmonic distortion rate: 0.01% 20Hz ~ 20khz.
- Rate of intermodulation: 0.01% of 20hz ~ 20Khz.
- Residual noise: <50uV, 20Hz ~ 20Khz, weighted A.
- Damping factor: Beyond 800 on 8ohm at 1khz.
- Optimized for loads from 2 to 16 Ohm.
- Power dissipated in "Warm Up" mode 5W.
- Power dissipated in operating mode: from 15 w to 450 W.
Characteristics of the analog inputs:
- Mono XLR input balanced sensitivity 2.2v over 10K Ohm.
- No RCA input, requires adapter not supplied.
Characteristics of the analog outputs:
- An inverted XLR output for BTL mounting.
- A plug-in cardas compatible forks.
Dimensions and weight:
- Dimensions: 33x33x7cm.
- Weight: 8.5Kg.