The treatment of α Alpha copper from Furutech OCC drivers is favored by Furutech engineers to excel in sound reproduction.
The α (Alpha) OCC treatment is done with high purity oxygen-free copper using a particular technological cooling process at very low temperature.
Unlike OFC cables, virtually all impurities are removed at the micron using a special Furutech single casting process.
- Maximum conductor resistance: Ω / km 13 (JISC3005 6 20 ℃)
- Minimum insulation resistance: MΩ‧m> 100 to 1000V 20 ℃
- Capacitance: PF / M 84.1 at 1KHz
- Impedance: Ω 37.7 to 10 MHz
- Inductance: uH / M 1.55 at 1KHz
- Dielectric strength: V / 1 min. AC 1000 (JISC3005 8)
- Conductor Type: Copper α (Alpha) OCC
- Internal construction 20 strands of 0.18mm each x6 and a damping strand in carbon particle at the center
- Insulation Type: Audio Type Resin (Red and White)
- Diameter: 2.6mm
- Internal structure: 2 twisted strands together
- Mechanical damping: Quality cotton Audio and wrapped paper
- Shielding: (Alpha) Braided conductor
- Internal gain material PVC soft audio quality black incorporating carbon damping particles (black)
- Material of the outer sheath: PVC audio quality (purple blue)
- Sheath Thickness: 1.0mm
- External Diameter: 13.5mm