As its name suggests, an isolator can electrically isolate the data and / or power lines from a USB connector.
Theaim is to remove any electrical connection between the input and the output in order to avoidmaximum electrical and electrostatic disturbances to interfere with the audio data.
The power supply available from a usb connector is very noisy and filtered as drastically, it is not surprising to find traces of audible parasites in the final render.
And it's even worse with laptops!
Another problem regulated by this isolator is the appearance of loops of masseswhen connecting modules by usb.
You are not unaware of the impact these loops have on the audiovisual material ... The fewer the better, the better.
heprotects also your fixtures / fittings overvoltages,electrostatic discharges and other rises of powers likely to happen when the computer malfunctions (or in stormy weather ...).
This module is intended to be placed between the computer and the self-powered device to be isolated.
- Compatible with any device using USB 2.0 technology (PC, MAC, Raspberry pi, etc.)
- Preserves the clarity of listening andbrings a black backgroundeven at large volume
- Digital isolation by ADuM4160 developed by Analog Device using technology iCoupler®
- Galvanic insulation up to 5kV
- Power supply: 8 to 15 VDC
- Card dimensions: 50 x 50mm
- Center distance: 43 x 43mm
- Weight: 20g
- Compatible with USB2.0 standards but works in transfer speedUSB 1.1 Full-speed(12Mbps) (On some DAC the bitrate may be limited)
- Requires external power supply: linear regulated or switched