The new USB to SPDIF and HDMI Matrix X-SPDIF 2 interface is a complete replay and not an evolution of the old X-SPDIF. Due to its characteristics it brings the digital signal to a higher level in high definition 32bit 768Khz.
An XMOS U208 USB processor with 8 core:
The X-SPDIF 2 interface includes the new XMOS U208 Xcore processor bringing a great evolution on the readability of the sound message.
Due to its technology and computing power of more than 1000 mips the USB port of your computer, NAS or Raspberry Pi never ring analog. This new processor has twice the processing power of the old Xmos U8.
A Xilinx Spartan FPGA processor:
The Xmos processor is supported by a Xilinx 64bit FPGA with FIFO memory caches that assigns the right clock frequencies.
The process DSD DOP and DSD native 1bit /22.4mhz is thus respected drastically reducing the jitter thankse to a fast response time of 100μs, especially on the I2S HDMI LVDS output port. This processor like the rest of the active components has its own dedicated LDO (low drop regulator) regulation.
Doubles audiophile precise clocks at Femtosecond:
A good USB SPDIF interface would be nothing without high-precision clocks. P>
Matrix uses Accusilicon with two oscillators of 45.1584MHz (44.1Khz) and 49.1520MHz (48Khz)/ P>
This digital section also includes LVO (Low Drop Out Voltage) type voltage regulation separated from the rest of the circuit to avoid contamination of noise between active components. These two AS318 clocks offer high precision of +/- 1 ppm and very low phase noise.
A high-quality power supply without parasitic noise: H2>
The power supply part of the X-SPDIF 2 is built on several levels and several LDO control groups equipped with polymer type capacitors that filter high-frequency EMI RFI interference caused by DC / DC conversion.
This power supply distributes the desired current and voltage on each digital section and each voltage. Thus one obtains the highest quality of current and voltage on the USB port and the HDMI port LVDS IIS element indispensable to back the jitter significantly.
A fully configurable I2S LVDS HDMI output port: H2>
Exclusively from the Matrix maker, the X-SPDIF 2's HDMI LVDS I2S port is fully configurable by switching (under the unit). Thus it is possible to choose to exit in slave or master mode for the MCLK clock or choose the native DSD or DOP mode.
It also has a reverse IIS mode for switching DATA + and DATA-, LRCK +, LRCK- (standard A or B). Thus this possibility allows the compatibility with the major part of the DAC with HDMI I2S LVDS inputs of the market.
Amonocoque in Aluminum of quality Aeronautics:
The high-precision chassis of the X-SPDIF 2 in CNC-coated aluminum offers high protection against electromagnetic waves due to external disturbances as well as high quality finish. P>
This case ensures a real durability in time and the assurance of the electronic specificities lined with coaxial SPDIF and AES EBU XLR connectors plated on this USB interface SPDIF and HDMI II2S of high quality.
A separate power supply:
In order to eliminate any parasitic transformer radiation, the X-SPDIF 2 comes with a separate adapter 6v to 9v on 800mA.
We can of course adapt a linear quality power supply via the connector 5.5 / 2.5 of the MAtrix X-SPDIF 2.: 6V Linear Power Supply Audiophonics EMI RFI 6V3.5A. A>
Specifications Matrix X-SPDIF 2: Strong>
Digital Inputs / Outputs:
- 1 AES / EBU output 110 Ohm balanced XLR: PCM 16-24Bit / 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, DSD64 (DoP)/ Li>
- 1 coaxial output SPDIF 75 Ohm: PCM 16-24Bit / 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, DSD64 (DoP)
- Optical Toslink Output: PCM 16-24Bit / 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, DSD64 (DoP)
- 1 I / O (I2S) output LVDS HDMI: PCM 16-32Bit / 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, 768kHz Li>
- DSD compatibility of HDMI output LVDS: DSD64 / 128/256 / (DoP) DSD64 / 128/256/512 (Native)
- 1 USB 2.0 High Definition compatible PCM 32bit 768Khz and DSD64 to DSD512.
- Windows7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 requires a driver to download on this page: Matrix driver X-SPDIF 2: Driver driver Matrix XSPDIF 2
- Mac OS X10.6.4 and above compatible without drivers.
- This interface is Android OTG compatible (depends on the smartphone used)
- This interface is iOS compatible via a Lightning connector to USB Camera Kit Apple
Power consumption :
- Consumption USB bus: 5V / 500mA
- Requires power supply: DC 6 ~ 9V, ≥800mA
- If the external power is connected, power from a 5V USB port is disconnected to reduce noise.
- 133mm × 142mm × 38mm
- Weight: 1.1kg
- Power adapter 6V to 9V 800mA
- A USB cable plated silver insulation PTFE