AudioPhonics KIT Interface / DSP Controller - DCX
AudioPhonics presents its DSP Controller specially designed to interface with the Behringer DCX2496 but also other processors available on the market.
This setup gives you the option to 4 different digital sources and retrieve output 6 analog channelswith volume management andsymmetrical or asymmetrical .
Functions offered by this product:
- Regulated linear power supply for the DCX2496 as well as all additional circuits
- Selection of 4 digital sources
- Dismountability at DCX output
- Remote controlled volume control and encoder + OLED display
- RCA and XLR outputs
- Trigger output with tempo for amp control
So you only need the DCX DSP card and the front panel./ P>
The general design basis for this product has been that it can be used and meet the electronicBehringer UltraDrive DCX2496, which has been a reference in the field of digital active filters for a number of years, unbeatable value for money.
And it is clear that all thethe latter will disappear when it is associated with this setup: Clock noise, power supply noise, residual ripple, digital input available only in AES / EBU, no volume control available, no source selection, etc.
tout what it takes to adapt this product to use in domestic Hifi.
Thanks to its card-based controller Arduino, editing of the editing, information displayed on the screen or any other parameter managed by programming is possible. (WM8805, CS3318)
Thus everyone with the necessary knowledge will be able to adapt the operation to its use.
The original program is available upon request to purchasers of this product, providing a basis for possible future developments.
- Arduino Open Source Projectto modify the project according to your desires
- Possibility to add digital modules thanks to the available free connection pins
- Accepts digital audio signals up to 192kHz /! The DCX2496's digital input is limited to 96kHz
- Frequency Max Supported: 192kHz (WM8805)
- Possibility of recovering the digital signal after thefrom the sourceSPDIF and AES / EBU format
- OLED Display 2x16for better contrast / visibility and lower power consumption (no backlighting)
- 4 Digital inputs
- 2on connectorsRCA(Coaxial)
- Analog Outputs Asymmetric available on connectorsRCAandsymmetrical on connectorsXLR(remote card)
- Possibility of adding up to 4 additional entries thanks to the pins available on the chip WM8805
- Available power pinson the main board for adding additional modules
- Stand By functionby push button and remote control
- Up to 3 triggers(remote power supply) available on additional card by Jack 3.5mmm
- Volume management inasymmetric (Cs3318)
- Volume control by rotary encoderand byremote control
- Adjustable voltages available on screw terminals:
- Analog Tension: +/- 9V, +/- 15V
- Digital voltages: + 8V not regulated (for DCX2496), + 5V, +3,3V
- Printed circuitry screen-printed to minimizerisk of welding error and easier component implantation
The Arduino Micro used in this assembly is delivered to you pre-programmed to be used with this assembly.
No programming or downloading is required for good performance.
- List of features of the remote control:
- Source selection (1, 2, 3, 4)
- Volume +, Volume - and Mute
- Additional key ("5") for specific function according to your desires! (Volume at basic 0dB)
- List of functionality accessible by pushbuttons
- Source selection (1, 2, 3, 4)
- WM8805ofWolfson Microelectronicsfor Digital Source Selection
- CS3318ofCirrus Logicfor analog volume management
- Power Regulators:
- Analog Part:Linear TechnologyLT3080 x2; LM317 and LM337
- Digital Part: STMicroelectronicsLD1085; LD1117AV33
- Rectifier DiodesSchottkyfor a minimum switching noise for the supply of the digital part
- <controllers/ Strong>powervery faible noisefor the analog part and for the digital part
- Filter CapacitorsPanasonic FC
- Ceramic decoupling capacitors Multilayer Z5Ufor high stability
- Bi-polarized capacitors Muse ESon the path of the analog audio signal to preserve it as much as possible
- ConnectorsRCA and XLR gold plated
- Multiple control points on strategic locations on the PCB
- Using Pro Audio ICs THAT1246andTHAT1646the companyTHAT Corporationfor the symmetrization and the demymmetry of the signal
- Soldered CMS Components and use of through components to simplify assembly
- Integrated circuits for simplified mounting and avoid any risk of destruction by overheating
- Power connectors compatible with the DCX2496supplied with the kit for easy adaptation
- Internal wiring delivered, no additional components required for starting the assembly
- Supplied Power Transformer
- Remote control included (Batteries not included)
/! Caution, This setup does not perform the function of converting the digital to analog signal, c'est interface for DSP or DAC.
This assembly can also be based on a Multichannel Digital / Analog Converter (DAC) operating as a control interface (Volume Management and Source Selection), or any other DSP.
Example of a board that can be used with the mounting in addition to the DCX2496:
MINI DSP 2x4
MINI DSP 8x8
HYPEX DLCP DSP
... or any other DSP with digital input and analog outputs.
An assembly aid for this DSP Controller kit is available on the forum at this address .