The FDA Class D amplifier STA326 DDX Alientek D8, complete controllable via remote control, integrates as standard an analog digital converter PCM5122.
Associated with an S / PDIF interface WM8805 with a jitter of 50ps, an interface USB XMOS on a separate card, this integrated amplifier opens the door to High Definition at a democratic price.
The quality of its components is high-level with a 12dB analog filter at the output of neat amplification featuring film capacitors, armored coils Miden 8A limiting the noise noise on the harmonics.
Analog input capacitors are audiophile quality Elna. The Alientek D8 will also be a desktop companion with headphone amplification MAX9722 in 6.35mm jack capable of "driver" sedentary models with high impedance.
It has three digital inputs (USB, S / PDIF coaxial and Toslink optics).
Its bright, readable OLED display displays in real time the source used as well as the sampling rate of the audio file being played.
This all-in-one amplifier is also equipped with a digital equalizer with many functions (bass, treble, mute etc.) adjustable directly from the remote control.
hewill prove to be the ideal companion for any digital source.
Hisergonomics, sa compacity are notable assets, plus its versatility.
The Alientek D8 amplifier is OTG (USB input) compatible with Android smartphones.
Disconnect speakers and listen to headphones:
To be able to switch off the loudspeaker output by connecting a headset, you must do the following:
- Go to menu 6 (Double click on the volume button),
- To choose NO, and exit the menu correctly with Exit,
- After selecting NO, the "Mute" function on the remote control will deactivate your speakers but not the headphone output. So you can listen to the headphones without the speakers back.
Alientek D8 review by Qobuz
" This Alientek D8 amplifier fits perfectly into the line of the new digital amplifiers and we appreciated its sound qualities on speakers, as well as on headphones, and also the possibilities offered by its display, while its many equalizations may prove useful if necessary. "
This amplifier emits a slight breath into the speakers during silent passages in the music. Although the phenomenon is very slight, it is still important to take into account when using desktop speakers with close listening.
When the XMOS driver is installed on Windows 10, it may be necessary to disconnect and reconnect the USB to be detected at startup. The problem does not arise with the default driver included in W10.
- S / PDIF Interface WM8805
- Interface USB XMOS U8 (24bit / 192kHz)
- Analog to digital conversion input: ADC AK5358
- DSP ARM Cortex M3 32 bit programmable
- DAC PCM5122 112dB: Technical document in attached file below
- Headphone Amplifier MAX972232 Ohm 130mW
- OLED Display 1.3 "
- Displaying sampling rate
- Digital equalizer (bass adjustment -12dB to + 12db) (treble -12dB to + 12db)
- Low-noise filter capacitors
- Amplifier module STA326 : 2 x 80W at 4 Ohm, 2x 50W at 8 Ohm
- Filter Capacitors Power:Nichicon 4700μF
- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 100dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz - 22kHz
- Supplied remote control or rotary encoder
- Auto Standby and Start Support
- Detection protection system on speaker terminals
Digital and analog inputs:
- Inputs: S / PDIF Optical Toslink, Coaxial and USB-B
- RCA Plated Analog Inputs Gold
- Outputs HP: On screwed terminal blocks supporting banana plugs 4mm
- Headphone Jack Jack 6.35mm
- Supplied 28V 4.3A Power Supply
Dimensions and weight:
- Dimensions: 140x108x32mm
- Weight: 1200g
- Color facade: Silver
- Bundle: USB-A to USB-B / 4 Gold-plated Bananas / Remote Control and Power Supplies included