Truly innovative FDA technology:
The Full Digital Amplifier FDA QULOOS QA690 is the worthy successor of the QLS QA-100, the first affordable FDA amplifier on the market that is unanimously acclaimed by its users.
The QULOOS QA690 takes back the electronic quality, the very high level components of the QA100 by bringing innovations which were lacking. Thus, the Quloos brand designer listening to his customers now offers much more than a revision of the QA-100.
The QULOOS QA690 offers all the advantages of FDA amplification with an audio signal reducing all stages of conventional conversion and amplification by only 3 stages instead of the usual 8.
FDA amplifiers, which can be described as digital power converters, offer today a real evolution and alternative to traditional analog and digital amplifiers.
Very high level active and passive components:
Rotating around two 150W TAS5624 amplification chips (Texas Instrument), the QA690 offers the ultimate in Full Digital Amplifier.
The asynchronous signal reshaping input chip SRC AKM AK 4137 sends the stream
The asynchronous signal reshaping input chip SRC AKM AK 4137 sends the PCM audio stream into the amplifier chips with as little jitter as possible.
Inspired by the Quloos QA661 Digital player, the two clocks of the QA690 have their own separate power supplies on LT1763 regulator and ceramic VIMA and NPO film capacitors (thermal stability).
The phase noises (jitter) are thus rejected at the limit of the measurable bringing a liquid, full, analog sound. The design and manufacturing quality of the QA690 far exceeds the usual criteria that have earned the brand its reputation.
The best passive components are in the QA690 : VIMA, Panasonic capacitors, Vishay MELF and Holco resistors, shielded output filter coils.
An analog filter and a high level PSRR power supply:
The power supply with British brand Kemet BHC capacitors (2x10000 µf) is now shielded and separated from the rest of the electronics greatly reducing EMI and RFI pollution between components.
With a significant number of separate LDO low noise controllers (LT1965, LT1963, LM1086) for each voltage, the QA 690 offers a stable electrical voltage quality with a high noise rejection rate, necessary for optimal digital signal rendering.
The QULOOS QA690 chassis is made entirely of military grade aluminum on a CNC Pirelli machine.
Quloos QA690 test by Qobuz
The On/Off button on the front panel is not backlit.
- Integrated amplifier FDA 2 amplifier chips TAS5624 2X100 W on 8Ohm
- PurePath Digital Texas Instrument Technology
- High and low settings
Inputs and outputs:
- Two 192Khz 24bit SPDIF coaxial inputs
- One Toslink 24bit 192Khz optical SPDIF input
- One analog line input on Cinch RCA stereo
- One stereo speaker output on gold-plated screw terminals
- Power under 8 Ohm : 2x 100W
- Power under 4 ohm : 2x160W
- Dynamic capacity: 101dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio : 101dB
- Channel separation: 97dB
- Distortion : 0.02%
- Frequency Response: 10 to 20Khz
- Power consumption in standby mode: 13w
- Signal ratio, Speaker output: 117dB
- 300x216mm x100mm (excluding RCA and volume knob)
- Weight: 5Kg
- Remote control with volume control
- 1m50 SPDIF µ-OFC coaxial cable with EMI ferrite
- IEC mains cable 3 poles
- Instructions for use in English