We are proud to offer you here an extremely simplified DAC kit (all the elements necessary for an immediate implementation are included) based on the technologies implemented in our latest products (U-XMOS, U-Sabre etc.).
With the best in each domain, you can easily and cost-effectively deliver exceptional conversion quality and support all sampling rates and the DSD.
The DAC ES9018S ESS SABRE is recognized as a major advance in the world of digital conversion. This last generation 32bit brings clarity, a sense of detail while remaining in the very essence of music.
The analog card of this DAC includes a Full Differential circuit with 6 AOPs. This specially designed circuit allows a straight and surprisingly musical sound without the usual caricatures Hi-Fi on truly symmetrical analog outputs.
Equipped with three digital inputs, a selection of sources and a volume control it will quickly become the absolute reference in this price range.
- White Oled Display
- Integrated power supply (nothing is to be added)
- Encapsulated toroidal transformer Talema (Ireland) ultra low noise and very low radiation
- USB Isolation
- Interface USB XMOS (Risc 6 cores) Asynchronous (Asio, Wasapi, etc.)
- Natively recognized under Mac os and Linux without drivers
- Inputs: 1x Optical, 1x Coaxial and 1x USB (the interface is here the same as in our U-Xmos 192 and 384 khz)
- Decoding up to 32Bit 384KHz (USB) per Sabre ESS9018 (THD + N: -120dB, DNR 127dB)
- DSD native support (DSD64 (dop / native), DSD128 (dop / native), DSD256 (dop / native)
- FDO output stage (full differential output)
- Aops high fidelity low noise: 6 x JRC 5534 (Japan Radio Co ltd) including two on DIP8 support (to be changed at leisure).
- Clock 100 mHZ
- Settings: Phase +/-, Rolloff fast / slow, DSD IIR bandwith 47k / 50k / 60k / 70k
- Footprint for High Precision Clock TCXO
- Analog outputs on RCA and XLR
- Selecting sources by pushbutton
- Volume control via push-button (+/-)
- Dimensions of the main board: 180 x 155 x 45 mm
- Main PCB fixing hole center distance: 150 x 150mm
- Dimensions of the display module: 140 x 50 mm
- Mounting hole center of display: 40 x 130 mm
Contents of the kit:
- Main PCB (XMOS, ES9018, etc.)
- Secondary PCB (Control Buttons, afficheur)
- Switch 220 V
- IEC socket
- DAC interconnection table / Display
- 220 V wiring harness (for connection of the base to the main PCB)
A Windows XMOS ASIO driver is provided in the download tab.
Operation of digital filters:
The SLOW and FAST filters change the slope in the treble for PCM sounds. The FAST filter will have the best impulse response upstream but may have a more incisive or artificial sound./ P>
The slow mode has an average impulse response and will be softer to listen to. The other filters are for the DSD. Depending on the resolution of the DSD file (64, 128, 256) the cut filter filter converts the DSD which is harmful, for example: 47Khz or 50Khz will be for DSD64, 60khz and 70khz will probably be relevant for DSD128 or 256.
The +/- phase is an option for old Japanese CDs (Denon, JVC, Three Blind Thin) whose phase is reversed to 180 °.
Test in Français
This MK2 version features a low noise 100MHZ clock