The U-DAC8 is an 8-channel Asynchronous USB DAC for music lovers wishing to own a home cinema system worthy of the name.
By combining the efficiency of an XMOS USB interface with an AKM converter, the U-DAC8 achieves excellent audio performance.
From the basic audio surround format (5.1 / 7.1) to the latest audio standards, miniDSP now makes multichannel easy and affordable.
The U-DAC8 is Plug & Play on Mac OSX, the WDM / ASIO drivers are compatible for Windows and Alsa 2.0 for Linux.
The interface supports a wide sampling frequency range (from 44.1 to 192 kHz).
The U-DAC8 has 8 unbalanced channels via RCA connectors up to 2Vrms output level.
Its rugged black metal housing with brackets fits ideally on a rack or next to your computer.
- Asynchronous USB interface XMOS
- DAC AKM4440
- 8 RCA Unbalanced Outputs 2Vrms
- USB 2.0 port
- Dynamic range: 103dB
- THD: 0.006%
- Output Impedance: 560 Ohms
- Supports files up to 24bit 192kHz (including 88.2)
- Power Supply 5V DC Supplied
- USB-A to USB-B 2.0 Cable
- Dimensions: 31x161x108mm
- Weight: 500g
- Driver / Driver XMOS downloadable directly from the MiniDSP site (requires registration)