The DAC for Raspberry Pi Audiophonics TDA 1387 X8 is in the line of vintage converters to the typically analog 16bit TDA1541 R2R and TDA1543 R2R. This DAC TDA 1387 is the improved suite in Continuous calibration DAC (CC-DAC).
This continuous calibration technology has the advantage of being insensitive to the aging of the components, the applied load or the variation in temperature.
It therefore takes on the subjective advantages of the R2R DACs by bringing a "sound" stability to a seat without the dissonance effects of the newer sigma delta DACs. The sound is melodic, warm while bringing details and dynamic top level. Composed of 8 DACs in parallel, the conversion distortion rates are the lowest.
Equipped with a TCXO full size 0.5PPM clock, it will bring a real musical emotion to all owners of Raspberry Pi 2 or Pi3 wanting to find the original sound of its audio files. This DAC can also be used as a 6-pin input I2S (XHP format). (The Masterclock is generated by the DAC)
ADAC, 192khz compatible analog sound with high level passive components and a gold plated RCA connector with PTFE insulation.
Audiophonics recommends the following USB I2S interfaces:
- I2S input on 6-pin XHP connector Li>
- Input 5V on jack 5.5 / 3.5 2 (Remove the jumper if the PI is powered by the Micro USB port)
- Input: Raspberry PI B + A + 2.0 GPIO PI3 and I2S Li>
- Output: RCA High Quality Gold Plated Insulated PTFE
- Sampling rates supported: 16bit 192 kHz (24bit playback possible)
- Output Level: 2V
- Clock TCXO 50MHZ 0.5ppm
- No welding required Li>
Dimensions and weight:
- Spacing: 85 x 56 mm
- PCB Dimensions: 85x56x36mm
Linux compatibility Pi: H2>
- I2S driver: GENERIC RPI DAC and HIFIBERRY DAC
- Volume fixed under Volumio in bitperfect
20mm M2.5 spacers and nuts supplied. Strong>