This passive attenuator uses a precision resistor that is mounted in parallel with a 1% SMD mechanical resistance switch.
This resistor is connected to the potentiometer, which, depending on its position, more or less connects the output to ground, and thus makes the volume vary.
It is therefore the resistance R-In which conditions the minimum input impedance, when the potentiometer is at position 0.
Genuine jewelery for audio-making, this magnificent 48-position stereo attenuator is fully assembled by hand in Europe.
It is composed of 1% cms resistors and a CNC machined aluminum body which gives it a very high-end design.
This type of potentiometer is clearly superior to the potentiometers with carbon track because the signal crosses only 2 resistors.
Wear is also much less important.
- Adjusting the axis resistance (torque)
- 48 positions
- Resistors: 10K RoyalOhm cms 1% 100ppm
- > 50,000 cycles
- Indexing angle: 7.2 °
- CNC machined
- Solid aluminum body
- Diameter of the axis: 6mm
- Mechanics on ball bearings
- Shunt type: two resistors
- Switching: MBB
- Range: -60dB ... 0dB
- Contacts: Solid gold
- Polished brooches
- Extremely short signal path
- Channel balancing: +/- 0.1dB
- Dimensions: 41 (width) x 48 (depth) x 45 (height) mm
- Weight: 200g