Here is a new and more elaborate version of the PI3 SPDIF Audiophonics DIGI+ PRO interface. Still featuring the WM8804 low jitter digital management chip and a Pulse PE-65612 audio isolation transformer, this interface allows Toslink coaxial and optical digital output to drive a DAC. A location on the printed circuit board allows an optional 75 Ohm BNC output to be soldered for the most demanding amateurs.
This version now includes two high-precision clocks for 16bit 44.1khz frequency multiples (CD format resolution) and 48khz multiple for 24bit 192khz high definition file resolutions. This technological contribution allows a better decoding accuracy at the exact frequency of the file sent to the DAC.
This version is delivered with an IR (infrared) cell and a connector dedicated to the GPIO of PI 3 and PI 2. Once connected to the GPIO connector, simply choose the right I2S HIFIBerry+pro driver in its Raspberry Pi Audio distribution:
- Moode AUDIO : driver HIFIBerry Digi et Digi+
- Picore Player : driver HIFIBerry Digi et Digi+
To mount this DAC on a Raspberry PI 3 you will need the following spacers:
- 192khz SPDIF 24bit PCM interface
- Screws not delivered
- Output: Coaxial Spdif and Toslink optics
- Supported sampling rates: 24bit 192 khz
- This interface has two clocks 22,579 mhz and 24,576 mhz.
- IR receiver, XBMC control with RC6 remote control (not included)
- PCB dimensions: 86 x 56x 56x 22mm
- Weight: 26g
- I2S driver : HIFIberry DIGI +pro
This interface is now compatible with this release (version) of Volumio to download by clicking on the Volumio logo:
Follow the instructions given after installation: