Here is the digital interface JustBoom Digi HAT , a high-resolution audio output for the SBC Raspberry Pi . Plug & Play and HAT (Hardware Attached on Top), making it a direct interface by plugging it into your Raspberry Pi A +, Pi B +, Pi 2 or the new Pi 3. The JustBoom Digi HAT high quality sound, and unmodified digital audio data stream for Bit-Perfect transmission to your HiFi system .
The JustBoom Digi HAT has been designed to be simple and easy to install with a Rasberry Pi. Without any soldering required and with the supplied mounting hardware, this digital interface is suitable for both seasoned DIY professionals and absolute beginners.
Simply connect your Digi HAT to an external DAC, amplifier or pre-amplified speakers for immediate operation and high-quality sound and audio playback. An Infraro receiveruge (IR) is also supplied to allow you to remotely control your digital interface (welding required).
The JustBoom Digi HAT features a low-jitter 24Bit / 192kHz audio conversion chip and a Bit-Perfect SPDIF digital output on an Optical or Coaxial connector for a lossless audio experience. It also includes an output transformer for complete galvanic insulation between your Raspberry Pi and your DAC on the Coaxial output.
You will find on the Justboom website a mounting guide with the Raspberry Pi (In English): Set Up Your JustBoom Digi HAT and Case .
Find here all JustBoom editing guides:
Get Started JustBoom
Main Features :
- SPDIF digital interface supporting sampling rates up to 24Bit / 192kHz
- HAT compatible format
- Digital audio output on Optical or Coaxial (RCA) connector
- Low Jitter / Output Signal Bit-Perfect
- Output transformer for galvanic insulation
- Plus & Play: Directly operational
- Volume control software for your Raspberry Pi
- No welding required
- Powered by the GPIO of Raspberrypi
- Full support for Raspbian / NOOBS
- Compatible with all audio solutions Open Source: OSMC / RuneAudio / Moode Audio / PiCorePlayer / PiMusicBox / OpenELEC ...
- Mounting hardware included
- WM8804GEDS SPDIF 24Bit / 192kHz with low Jitter PLL
- High-output output transformer DA101JC: for galvanic electrical isolation of output (Coaxial / RCA)
- Integrated EEPROM for automatic configuration of Raspberry Pi driver
- Digital audio transmission Bit-Perfect
- IR receiver Vishay TSOP4838 shipped with (to be soldered by yourself)
- If you are using the Coaxial (RCA) output of the JustBoom Digi HAT, we recommend connecting the cable shield to the ground on the DAC or Amplifier you will be using. Also make sure that the Amplifier or DAC uses a power supply with a grounded connector. This will reduce the noise.
JustBoom Test - How to turn a Raspberry nano computer into a multiroom audio system
- The whole package -
- Situation diagram and example of JustBoom products -