This AK4118 digital selector module with 5 digital inputs and an I2S output offers ease of assembly, ease of use and high quality components. The control system is made by dedicated Atmel MCU allowing fast switching between each digital input.
The PCB marking clearly indicates the main connections and functions on the board. The blue display can be mounted seamlessly with the two supplied ribbon cables. This module has a true AES-EBU input on 110 Ohm Pulse transformer.
The inputs are selected by means of an encoder with knob to be screwed on the front panel.
Amanero 20-pin I2S USB Xmos compatible Amanero 20-pin USB port :
The originality of this selector card lies in its 20 pin port compatible with Amanero broaching. In addition, feedback from USB XMOS or AMANERO chips (PCM or DSD display, sampling) can be managed by the display (Compatibility not ensured depending on the USB card used).
Depending on the USB card (XMOS) and DAC I2S used, the DSD 64/128/DSD256 resolutions are taken into account. This digital selection card allows true SPDIF and USB management. It is ideal for the design of DAC DIY with multiple inputs.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
Suggestion of presentation with AMANERO USB interface
(interface Amanero sold separately)
Features Selector board AK4118 :
- SPDIF Receiver: AK4118
- Input selection: SPDIF (1xCoaxial, 1xBNC, 1xOptic, 1xAES-EBU) USB compatible for XMOS and Amanero 20pin USB modules
- One HD I2S Output
- Source selection: by rotary encoder push-button with notched axis of 6mm diameter
- Clock: 11.269MHZ
Sample rate :
- PCM SPDIF RCA, BNC, optical, AES EBU 110Ohm: 16 to 24 bit from 32kHz to 192kHz.
- USB I2S input: From 16 to 32 bit 44.1kHz to 384 khz (depends on USB card used)
Watch out! Watch out! :
This module has an IIC-controlled display for volume and digital filter selection. These options only work with SD and SC connectors in IIC protocol with AK4490 and AK4495S DACs with this option. The standard AK4490 and AK4495 DACs cannot be controlled by these functions if they are not implemented on the DAC cards.
The original DAC chips other than AKM AK44xx are not compatible with its volume control and digital filters!
Warning: Operation in I2S input without USB module on the Amanero 20 PIN connector and I2S output depends largely on the external elements connected to this card and is therefore not guaranteed.
First card USB/ SPDIF i2s output Dimensions and weight :
- Dimensions: 100 x 50 x 20mm
- Distance between fixing holes: 78 x 39mm
Screen dimensions :
- Screen: blue LCD
- Displays the selected input, lock and sampling rate
- Display dimensions for recessed installation: 71mm x 24mm x 7.3mm thick
- Complete PCB dimensions: 97 x 40mm
- Mounting hole spacing: 90 x 25mm
- Diameter of IR receiver for drilling: 5 mm
- Apple Remote compatible
Power supply needed :
Needed power : DC 5V option : ( module LT1084 adjustable )
Bundle and câbles :
- SPDIF/USB/Toslink interface to i2S
- A blue LED display
- A selection button
- A tablecloth for the button
- A tablecloth to connect the display and interface
- A 2x5 pin soldering connector on the I2S output
Schema I2S 20 Pin