The braided tinned copper sheath is reputed to protect against Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI).
They are used extensively to reinforce shielded or replacement cables to protection problems arising from data loss or signal interference.
The GCu / Sn braids allow an attenuation of more than 60 dB at high frequencies, from a few kiloherts (kHz) to several gigahertz (gHz).
The braided sleeves offer greater flexibility over film-coated cables.
(Sold by the meter)
- 100% tin plated copper
- Diameter 4 to 10mm
- Electrostatic and electromagnetic protection
- Electrical noise attenuation
- Improved resistance to abrasion and cuts compared to thermoplastic braided sheaths.
- Better protection against Radio Frequency Interference (PRE) between 0.5 MHz and 1.7 MHz.
- EMI / RFI protection
- Better flexibility
- Tinned copper wire braid 36AWG
- Coverage of 85-90% nominal diameter