"Rediscover the pleasure of silence with this USB isolator to mount yourself"
What Is an Isolator and Why Do I Need It?
As its name implies, an isolator is used to electrically isolate data and / or power lines from a USB connector.
Thethe aim being to remove any electrical connection between the input and the output in order to avoid as much as possible the electrical and electrostatic disturbances of interfering with the audio data.
The ALIMEN(available from a usb connector is very noisy) and filtered drastically, it is not surprising to find the remains of audible parasites in the final rendering. And it's even worse with laptops!
Another problem regulated by this isolator is the appearance of mass loops when connecting modules by usb. You are not sans know the impact these loops have on audiophile material ... The fewer the better, the better.
It also protects your montages / equipments from surges, electrostatic discharges and other rises of powers likely to happen during malfunction of the computer (or in stormy weather ...).
In addition to the playful aspect of the assembly to be done, this isolator will bring you discretion and serenity in your listening thanks to the very low noise regulator used for the usb power supply. You will thus be able to benefit fully from your converters and other self-powered assemblies (amps headphones, preamplifiers, ...).
Itplus a regulated and filtered power output.
Measurements of residual ripple and spectral analysis of the usb power supply: on the left directly at the output of the computer, on the right the output of the USB Isolator
This module is intended to be placed between the computer and the self-powered device to be isolated.
- Preserves the clarity of listening andbrings a black backgroundeven at large volume
- Selected audiophile components: Vishay CMF55 Resistors, Panasonic FC Capacitors, Nichicon ES Muse, ...
- Using a controller Ultra Low-noise: TPS79650
- Digital isolation by ADuM4160 developed by Analog Device using technology iCoupler®
- External power supply output available (9 or 12V selectable by jumper) regulated and filtered up to 300mA (or more depending on the device connected in usb)
- Increases dynamicsof certain devices, in particular by the possibility of a current of 1A, where a computer is limited to 500mA.
- Galvanic insulation up to 5kV
- Card dimensions: 138 x 51,5 x 1,65mm
- Weight: 60g
- Compatible with USB2.0 standards but works in transfer speedUSB 1.1 Full-speed(12Mbps) (On some DAC the bitrate may be limited)
WARNING !It is possible to supply this isolator either by transformer or by AC adapter. The power is defined by the use that you want to have of them (greedy devices, feed of other assembly, ...).
To take advantage of the available regulated output, you will have to choose a 12V 15VA minimum transformer (30VA will be the best to take full advantage of the proposed features) or a minimum 15V AC adapter.
If you want to use only the insulation function of the assembly, by transformer it will then be necessary to choose a model 9V 15VA.
If you choose to power it with an AC adapter, you should opt for a 9V model, the minimum current being a function of the connected equipment.
The AC adapter must be of type positive centerand the internal diameter of the DC connector of 2,1mm.
When you plug a power jack into the intended socket, this will disconnect the transformer from the rest of the circuit./ P>