Here is the Kali from ALLO, an I2S FIFO Reclocker 22/24MHZ that can perfectly handle digital signals and send them to your DAC. It is part of the the ALLO Sparky SBC Universe.
Every SBC has a crystal that it is used to send digital signals to your DAC. The accuracy of this crystal is very important in how the DAC will transform the digital signal into analog sounds. Put in this way : a better crystal means a better sound ! The majority of the SBCs use a very cheap crystal with lots of jitter in order to save costs.
First, it has a very low jitter NDk crystal feed by LDOs in series for ultra-quiet power supply. Second the FPGA will read the incoming stream, will buffer the DATA 0.7s while discarding the incoming clocks. Using the NDKs it will reclock the buffered data outside the FPGA (since fpgas introduce about 200ps of jitter) and provide a MCLK/BCLK that is direct from crystal, providing a jitter-free (almost) to your DAC. It provides accurate Masterclock to DAC and FPGA.
Thanks to the Kali, your music will “open up”, the musical stage will sound bigger and more tri-dimensional. You will be able to hear sounds, words, and musical instruments that were hidden in a sea of digital mud.
This reclocker is therefore ideal for the 16/20/24bit 192kHZ DACs based on: PCM1702, PCM1704, PCM56, PCM63, AD1865, TDA1541, TDA1543, TDA1387.
As well as the DAC AUDIO GD: R2R1, R2R2, DAC19, DAC 19 Singularity, DAC19 NOS, HE-7, R2R7, HE-7NOS, Master 7 Singularity
For 24/32bit 384kHZ DACs, this version required is: ALLO Reclocker 44/48mHZ
Es9016, Es9018, Es9028pro, Es9028pro, Es9038pro, AK4490, AK4495, AK4497, PCM1793/91/96/98, PCM1792/94/95, PCM5100/01/02, PCM5122/41/42.
The KALI ALLO must be supplied with 5V / 3A via Jack DC; it can't be powered directly from the SBC (Sparky or Raspberry Pi). However, it will feed the DAC that is connected to it.
This Reclocker ALLO KALI is HAT Format and is therefore compatible Raspberry Pi.
It is also compatible Sparky SBC.
Review of ALLO KALI by Dimdim's Blog
This Reclocker is compatible with Audiophonics DAC I-Sabre ES9023, ES9018K2M and the majority of HIFIBERRY DAC.
Main Features :
- Can be use with external Crystal Oscillators for MCLK or upgraded to a higher quality, multi-frequency clock that comes with automatic Fs switching and better performance
- LED indicators : Power, Full, Lock, Empty, Sample Rate, Mclk
- Ultra-low-noise voltage regulators for optimal audio performance
- Automatically switching frequencies according to the input I2S signals
- Extremely fast and very low propagation delay Flip-Flops are added on I2s signals output from FPGA, for synchronization with MCLK before sending to DAC
- Designed for DAC 24bit/192kHz
Technical characteristics :
- The basic design includes FPGA based FIFO board
- I2S input : 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz, 176.4 KHz, 192 KHz - 16bit, 24bit or 32bit
- I2S output : 44.1 KHz, 48 KHz, 88.2 KHz, 96 KHz, 176.4 KHz, 192 KHz - 16bit, 24bit or 32bit
- FIFO Memory : 4MB SRAM
- Jack 5.5/2.5mm Input
- DC power supply: (5V/3A) with Filter circuits
- Operating Temperature : -25C to 85°C
- Dimensions : 58x77.5x23.8mm
- Weight : 120g
Ce produit n'est pas livré avec les entretoises noires.
Example with ALLO DAC PIANO 2.1, KALI Reclocker, and Raspberry Pi 3 (Sold separately)