The Audiophonics PSU S3-LP power supply module has been designed to provide a clean power supply to an amplifier or other audio circuit.
It has a potentiometer and jumper to adjust the voltage from 5 to 24V from an AC voltage source of 5 to 22V AC respectively.
Its particularly rigorous design, and the quality of its components, make it an excellent choice for powering a digital amplifier or any other low voltage high-fidelity element such as certain DAC converters, headphone amplifiers, etc...
So many devices for which it contributes to improve the sound quality.
The Audiophonics PSU S3 makes use of 4 fast switching 2CZ2545 A9 diodes.
On the filtering side, 10 Rubycon capacitors of 2200uF/35V with an ESR of 0.0019 Ohm and a current capacity of 3.1A per capacitor.
Once the voltage is stabilised, it is then regulated by means of a LINEAR TECHNOLOGY LT1083, renowned for its low ripple (0.015%).
- 4 diodes 2CZ2545 A9.
- 2 diodes 1N5408.
- 10 Rubycon capacitors 2200uF/35V.
- Voltage regulator LINEAR TECHNOLOGY LT1083 5A.
- 6 MKT capacitors
- 2 Wima MKP capacitors for DC output smoothing.
- Integrated discharge resistor
- Output voltage adjustable by means of a blue potentiometer + jumper: (Transformer voltage must match)
- Jumper On : Adjustable from 5 to 16V
- Jumper Off : Adjustable from 12.5 to 24V
- Optional DC input (next to GND): rectified and regulated voltage
- Output voltage: Variable from 5 to 24V.
- Maximum output current: Approximately 5A continuous.
- Maximum connectable music power: Approximately 60W.
- Dimensions: 130 x 60 (86 with heatsink) x 36mm.
- Centre distances: 50mm, 120mm.
- Weight: 204g.
- Transformer voltage: 5 to 22V AC (12V AC for a 12V DC output, the transformer must deliver a rectified voltage of about 5V more than the desired voltage).