Unlike most of their competitors, RCA ELECAUDIO TE-ER6B subbases offer, even those marketed as high-end, a very high conductivity.
The vast majority of audio connectors are made from brass or bronze/phosphorus alloy with a conductivity typically below 28% IACS (International Annealed Copper Standard).
By way of comparison, high-purity copper (OFC) used in most interconnection cables has a conductivity rate of 100% IACS.
Due to the use of these "low" conductivity alloys, the majority of RCA subbases, even costly ones, tend to reduce the performance of the cables to which they connect.
This product is radically different, the contact elements are machined in high purity Tellurium Copper (more than 98% IACS) to ensure maximum conductivity (this allows a gain of up to 320%).
In order to guarantee high wear resistance and optimal conductivity, this base has a nickel plating half as thick as the standard, which explains the less smooth surface condition.
The final plating is a 5µ gold plating.
- Packing: 1 pair
- Material: Tellurium copper (CuTe)
- Plating: 1/2 Nickel + 5µ Gold
- Insulation: PTFE
- Weight: 25g (per pair)
- Ring color : Black & black
- Maximum panel thickness: 6.5 mm
- Drilling diameter (washer): 9.5 mm
- Max. diameter of the base plate: 14 mm
- Panel projection length: 17.5 mm
- Total length of the connector: 36.8 mm