The Audiophonics team is proud to present this new Raspberry Pi dedicated power management module.
This control module with built-in linear regulation allows to provide 5V from a voltage source ranging from 7 to 12V and to properly turn on and off its Raspberry Pi like a family ATX PC.
Once the button is pressed, the Raspberry PI is powered and your software solution starts in a traditional way.
For shutdown, an order is sent to the system to shut down, before the module turns off the power.
An LED output to connect to the button is available to follow the evolution of the different stages of switching on and off the Raspberry Pi.
Main Features :
- Start and shutdown management module delivered flashed and ready to use
- Powered by Jack 5.5/2.1 or 2.54 connector
- Up to 4x 5V outputs on 2.54 pins
- LED output indicator + status LEDs on PCB
- Supply voltage: 7 to 9V, maximum 12V with good dissipation
- Pins provided
- Diameter fixing holes: 2.5mm
- Dimensions: 50x50x17mm
- Must be mounted on an aluminum panel to dissipate heat
- Needs the Wiring PI library and python scripts provided below to communicate with the system.
1 - Push Button:
- Raspberry Pi OFF : Pressing the push button will start the Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi ON : Press> 0.2 seconds and <4 seconds, shutdown command sent, the RPI power will be cut after properly shutting down the software.
- Raspberry Pi ON : Support> 4 seconds, emergency stop function, immediate shutdown of RPI power (function available without script)
2 - LED states "Power" (depending on orders sent)
- Off: Raspberry pi power is Off
- Slow flashing: Raspberry pi powered on, software start up, wait for BOOT OK signal. Reverse operation for shutdown.
- Fast flashing: Reboot command sent from the software solution used (softreboot)
- On steady: Raspberry Pi powered on, software solution correctly started and ready to use. (sds.sh launched)
You will find all the indications concerning the python script on our forum:
Python script installation
Connection example (Monostable switch and optional wiring not included).